Follow these steps if the Link light is on, but the printer does not print:
1. Wait until the printer is idle.
2. Try to reprint the document.
3. Look at the Activity light on the back of the printer.
State of the Link light Task
The Ethernet connection is operating correctly. Try
Verify the following:
• The printer is selected in the application from
which you are trying to print.
• The computer is connected to the network.
• A personal software firewall might be blocking
communication between the printer and the
computer. Follow these
HP Deskjet 6800 series printer