6.9 Color management
Color management defines the range of colors that can be printed. The printer
software translates the colors of your document from their current color settings to
the color-management option that is selected.
Follow these steps to select a color-management option:
1. Open the
2. Click the Color tab.
3. Click one of the following options in the Color management drop-down list:
• ColorSmart/sRGB: ColorSmart/sRGB is an appropriate option for most
print jobs. It is used for most Web-based documents and current imaging
• AdobeRGB: When printing from a professional application with
AdobeRGB, turn off the color management in the application and allow the
printer software to manage the color space. Use the AdobeRGB setting for
documents or photos that were originally created in the AdobeRGB color
HP Deskjet 6800 series printer
• Managed by application: This option allows the application from which you
are printing manage the color of the document.
4. Select any other print settings that you want, and then click OK.